Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Cupcake Craft Challenge "My Vintage Christmas"


I am submitting this card to "Winter Wonderland" and "Cupcake Craft Challenge".
I chose a photo of my Dad and granddaughter Maddy that was taken at his 80th birthday a year before he passed away. Maddy referred to my Dad as "The Grandfather" and I thought this would be an appropriate Christmas card for this project. I took my photo and using Adobe Photoshop CS4, performed some magic by transforming a color photo in to a Sepia tone photo. I also changed the color of Maddy's dress and headband to match the original photo color, red...

I used one of my Spellbinders Nestabilities dies to cut out the photo and also a piece of metallic card stock. I used sandpaper on the edges to give it an antique look and also some of my Color Box Chalks for highlights. Two silk flowers and a brad finish off the card. I had a hard time taking a photo of a photo so I scanned my card and a holly background.

11 comments:

Teri said...

Brilliant work - especially with the Photoshop bit!
Thanks for playing this week.
Hugs,
Teri x

Sandi said...

WOW! Pattie, I absolutely love what you did with Dad and Maddy's picture, and I know he would have loved it too. You best fan and sister, Sandi

Teri said...

Hi Pattie :o) Love your beautiful card! The sepia with the red is just gorgeous!

Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland.

Teri xx

Denise @ Paper Gems said...

Hey Pattie,

Nice to meet you "friend"...Yeah, Albuquerque, NM is a nice place to live, not too big, not to small and -2- Michael's and Hobby Lobby's to shop for crafts.

I see you like the "widget" cat and Mo's designs too, so we all ready have things in common! I also like shopping @ Sam Moon's in Dallas!...come and see my BLOG!

Danielle said...

How creative of you to create this card for this vintage WW challenge Pattie! I love it! The red really pops!
Hugs, Danielle

Rachel F said...

Hi Patty

Thanks so much for posting a comment on my blog! I am thinking I might have to give up on the distress inks as I have tried everything! I have left them for a couple of days, sprayed with a fixative and even heat embossed the image and still no luck is driving me NUTS!! I have wanter colour pencils might have to try them. I have a lady that I am posting some of my printed images and she is going to try for me so see what happens! LOVE your blog and your creations I have you on google reader now so will follow you and all your inspiration. Thanks again :-)

Charlene said...

that is very pretty! What an adorable photo!

Linda Elbourne said...

I love this card - the sepia look is perfect

The Crafty Den said...

What a lovely card. The photo is so lovely and the papers are gorgeous. Great distressing. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

Donna said...

Fantastic card, love the distressing you have done and such a lovely layout too! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CCC :) Donna x

Liza said...

Gorgeous card, I love your distressing and the photo is perfect. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x