Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Rosie in Pink



Hello everyone. Today I have a new creation and this one is for Michelle Perkett Studio Challenge. This weeks challenge theme is Distressing. I decided to make a card using some distressing and also some acetate. I have never used acetate until this week. My image is called Rosie and she is one of Michelle Perkett's images. I colored her using Adobe Fireworks. My papers are from my stash and I used a piece of sandpaper to distress the edges of two of my papers. I took a piece of acetate and I stamped some swirls to the corners using Stazon opaque white ink. I also stamped some dots to the edges of the acetate. I cut out the front of the card and placed my acetate so that it looks like a window. To complete my card I added a few Prima flowers and some leaves along with a few gems. So what do you think?

13 comments:

Kathy Czygan said...

Wow Pattie! She's gorgeous! I don't know how you color so perfectly on Fireworks. I just have elements and I think it's really hard to color images. Your's always look just perfect! I love this acetate card too. I haven't tried doing a whole card out of acetate yet. Love the swirles in the corners. Great job!

Michelle said...

Wow, Pattie!! This is beautiful!! I love the acetate window and all the colors!! Love your distressing techniques and all the polka dots!! And of course I just love how you colored Rosie!! Thank you so much for another gorgeous entry Pattie!!:)

Sandra DeFalco said...

Another great creation! The coloring looks like you hand colored it yourself, it's great that a program like Fireworks can shade it to perfection.

Lynne Armstrong said...

Wow Pattie...Rosie is gorgeous in pink! Love the acetate window. This is a beautiful card.

Marilyn Webb said...

Hi Pattie
I just love this card, and the coloring is great. Never tried Fireworks, it looks like it does an amazing job. Love the pink!!

grandmalee said...

Beautiful work as usual Pattie! Love your computer coloring...sooo beautiful! Great distress work & use of the acetate! Gotta love those flowers too!

LINDA said...

Such a beautiful card.. Very lovely!!
Hugs, Linda

Tammy said...

WOW...absolutely stunning!!! I love that acetate window!! Very creative!

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great card. I love how the front is a frame for the inside. Great job.

Unknown said...

Pattie, that is gorgeous! Great job!

Nancy said...

This is gorgeous, Pattie:O) Your colouring is brilliant, fab design, awesome job.
Thank you for joining in this week:O)
Hugs, Nancy;O)

Claire said...

Wow Pattie, love it! Rosie looks so gorgeous in pink and the acetate frame is such a clever idea
Claire xx

ileana said...

Ohh Pattie! this is so beautiful!! what a wonderful idea tu use the acetate that way!! I love the way you distressed the papers and your coloring on Rosie is great too! Hugs,