Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Harmony Mermaid




Hello and welcome to my blogspot. Today I have a creation and this one is for Michelle Perkett's Studio Challenge and Papertake Weekly Challenge. Our DT theme at MPSC is "Flowers Galore" so I decided to use a couple of my stamps to stamp my flowers. At Papertake Weekly Challenge the theme is "Say It With Flowers". I used acetate for the base of my card. The image is from Michelle's Etsy Store called Harmony Mermaid and I colored her using Adobe Fireworks CS4. I used papers from my stash and color box chalks for highlights on the edges. I used Stazon Opaque white ink and colored the centers of the flowers with copic markers. The inside sentiment is also from Michelle Perkett. I added a ribbon and bow to the folded side of my card. To show off my card I used papers that look like water. What do you think?

6 comments:

Sandra DeFalco said...

Absolutely Gorgeous! Great colors and blending technique. Love the acetate/mylar idea. In the printing business, acetate was also called mylar, don't know if they still call it that nowadays. The mermaid sketch is so pretty too!

Unknown said...

Pattie, your card is beautiful! I really like it on the acetate, I will have to find some & give it a try.

Michelle said...

OMG, Pattie, this is so beautiful!! I just love the colors and the flowers and really love the acetate!! So gorgeous!! And I love the water paper!! I wasnt sure how you got that effect!! Thank you for another week of Gorgeous inspiration and creativity from you and the team, Pattie!!:)

Kathy Czygan said...

OOOOOOOOOoooooooo! Patie....You are awesome! This is so beautiful! Love the coloring and the way you layed it out on the beautiful acetate with the Stazon flowers, and the colorbox edges are a perfect way to make your paper layers pop! EEeee Gads! Gorgeous!

ileana said...

Gorgeous!! a stunning acetate card, Pattie! I love how you stamped all those white flowers, they are a perfect touch. Thanks for the inspiration! Hugs,

Tia Yvette said...

Absolutely Stunning!! I just love visiting your blog, your creations always bring a smile to my face. You are truely an inspiration! :)