Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Get Well Butterfly...


Happy Valentine's Day everyone... I have a creation today and this one is for the following challenges:
I enjoyed making this card because I never used the split negative technique before. My papers are from my stash and I stamped my image from Inkadinkado. I stamped my image with pink ink on one piece of white cardstock and then I stamped the same image on pink cardstock using white embossing ink & powder and heated it. I cut the embossed image in half and pasted it to the other image. What a great technique! I then cut out my images using my scallop circle Nestie. I added photo corners that I punched out, ribbon,a bow & two buttons. So what do you think?

13 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

Oh my, I think it's GORGEOUS! Love all the bright, cheery colors you chose! The image is a wonderful choice as well! So, so pretty! Thanks for playing our JUGs challenge!

carol said...

Hi pattie, what a beautiful card, love the corners, thanks for playing along with us this week, x carol ...craftycatz

LINDA said...

This is just beautiful.. Love the colors and the design.. Very lovely!!
Hugs, Linda

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Pattie
Another beautiful card from you this week,thankyou for taking part in this week's challenge,
Hugs Dianne xx

AKiteFlier said...

Lovely lovely - I like that B-fly image - it makes a real eye catching focus point. Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls. Have a great week.

Unknown said...

What do I think??? I think it's beautiful!! Great image to use for this technique -- and I love the color combo as well -- great combination of challenges!

Thanks for making time to play with Just Us Girls this week!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

So cute!! :)

Michele Roos said...

Such a fabulous card. Thanks for joining us this week at TS. Hugs Michele x

Sharon said...

A really beautiful card, what a fantastic technique. Thanks for joining us at TS.

ileana said...

Beautiful card Pattie!! I love the vibrant colors! and the technique looks like a lot of fun, I should try it someday, thanks for sharing! hugs

Tia Yvette said...

Wow..what a beautiful card! I just love how the butterfly turned out, awesome technique!

Diamond Doll said...

Beautiful card and fab butterfly.
Thanx for joining in this week at Crafty Catz.
(hugs)
Trish (-:

Sue Lelli said...

Lovely card! Like how you used buttons on one side and ribbon on the other to compliment your image!