Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

Vintage Gift Card Purse

Hello everyone... I have a creation that I would like to share with you today and this one is for La La Land Challenge and Peachy Keen Stamp Challenge. The theme for La La Land is to create a gift card holder and the theme for Peachy Keen is something Vintage. I made this cute little purse out of Vintage looking papers from my stash and one of my Fiskars shape templates. One of these days I will come up with a tutorial for this creation but there are similar ones on the Internet for you to view. I cut out my shapes and assembled my gift card holder. On the outside I placed a Vintage looking metal butterfly to close my purse. I used this butterfly as my inspiration. I also added two eyelets to the top  of the purse and then added some ribbon for the handle. On the inside I used my Fiskars shape template folded in half to hold my gift card. I found these beautiful Vintage butterflies on the Internet and stamped my sentiment on card stock and more Vintage papers. To close my purse I added round velcro dots. So, what do you think?

16 comments:

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous purse Pattie! Truly vintage and very cleverly done.
Thanks for playing along with us at Peachy Keen. Good luck!
Viv xxx

Sandra DeFalco said...

The inside is just as gorgeous as the outside, this one is really pretty, and it definitely looks vintage to me!

Elena said...

Beautiful gift card holder! I love your idea with the purse! And vintage style looks so gorgeous!
Thank you so MUCH for playing with us at La-La Land!

Carol<>< said...

what a cute idea! love the vintage look to it also!
Carol<><

My Creative Time said...

WOW Pattie! your purse is beautiful! you did an awesome job w/this challenge!
hugs,
Emma:)

Danielle said...

This is beautiful Pattie! The paper is gorgeous and I love those butterflies! I have something for you over on my blog!
Hugs, Danielle

Janice W. said...

This is so pretty! I love the shape of the purse and the papers you chose! Thanks for joining us at Peachy Keen!

Anonymous said...

How pretty! I have these K&Co papers too and love them! What a great way to present a gift card! tfs!
Pam Going Postal

ileana said...

What a wonderful creation you made Pattie! I really love it, the papers and colors you chose really create the vintage efect. Beautiful

Irina Blount said...

LOVE your vintage purse, so PRETTY!! Thank you so much for playing along at La-La Land Crafts Weekly Challenge!!
Hugs!!
:) Irina

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Gorgeous vintage purse! The paper you used is lovely! I love making these little purses. Well done! Thank you for joining the gift card holder challenge this week at La-La Land Crafts! ~ jane

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Gorgeous!!!

Kristine said...

GORGEOUS gc holder, purse!! LOVE THIS! I have some of that DP too and LOOOVE IT! Great job. Thanks so much for playing along with us at La-La Land Crafts last week! *Ü*

Maureen said...

Totally fabulous! Love the purse shape, the beautiful papers and that gorgeous butterfly closure! Thanks for joining us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!

Lorie said...

Oooooh, I know that paper! It's some of my favorite, and you've showcased it beautifully with your vintage purse creation! Thanks for playing the PKS challenge!

Hugs,
Lorie

Nikki Foraker said...

WOW WOW WOW!!! just beautiful! thanks so much for playing along with us at PKS

nikki