Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Princess Lotus Believe







Hello everyone! Well it is New Years Eve and I am looking forward to next year. I have enjoyed making these creations and posting them on my blogspot. I can't wait to start more next year. Happy New Year!

This card is for Michelle Perkett's Group Challenge. This is my very first Tri Fold Shutter Card and I had so much fun making it. Our challenge was to make a card using a different technique like stair step cards, shutter cards or one that flips or moves. I used gold metallic card stock for my base and all my images are from Michelle Perkett. My papers are from DCWV and on the front fold I used a flocked paper with Michelle's Princess Lotus image. I colored this image using Adobe Fireworks CS4 and added glitter for sparkle. I added two Prima flowers with a brad in the center along with some glitter for their stems. The center fold has another one of Michelle's images of Peace flowers which I also colored the same way. I added the words Peace, Love, Joy,Harmony and Believe to the other folds. My last fold has more of the flocked paper along with the image believe from Michelle and a few feathers. So what do you think of my first attempt at a Tri Shutter Card?

5 comments:

Sandra DeFalco said...

I didn't know what a shutter card was, but this is AWESOME! All of the sentiments, images, and embellishments work so well together. The orange feather really pops!
It's so cooool!
Love - Sandi

LINDA said...

Beautiful card.. Happy New years!!
Hugs,Linda

Kylie said...

Wow! I think you've done amazingly on your 1st shutter card that you should make more. Michelle is going to love this card with all her images on it. A lot of work, well done and Happy New Year!

Kylie xo

Maya said...

Happy New Year!
Such a wonderful card!
Love the colors and the details!!
Hugs from Maya :)

Dana Gustafson said...

HI Patti! YOur new year's box is the chic of the week project over at Just Us Gurls. I couldn't get to your email address via you profile so Thought I would try you here. Please emial me at paperdaydream at aol dot com for your winner's badge. Congrats and thanks again for your great project!