Pages

Friday, December 4, 2009

Christmas Easel Card





Hello again. I have another creation to add to my gallery and this one is for the following challenges.
1. Friday Sketchers ... Sketch provided
2. Mo's Digital Pencil ... Colors red, green and gold.
3. Stampin for the Weekend ... Colors red, green and gold.
I decided to try to make an easel card since I see them on many blogspots. This is my first try at making one and I think I am hooked. I chose an image by Mo Manning called Noel bearing gifts. I decided to use Adobe Fireworks CS4 again and I really love the way the colors came out. I used papers from different stashes. On the front of my card I used my Fiskars round lace punch and my Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder. I distressed the edges of my papers and the embossed papers. A few snowflakes, a silk flower and jewel brad, glitter glue and a sentiment completed the front. On the inside I used contrasting papers and cut out 2 scalloped ovals with my Nestabilities die. I used MS Word to print out my inside sentiment. Two gold square gems completed the inside.

18 comments:

Milnie said...

GORGEOUS! Do I need to say more? ;)

Hugs,

Mélanie

Sandra DeFalco said...

SPECTACULAR! Great colors, papers, and everything else!

Danielle said...

GREAT job Pattie - I love your first easel card!! Mo's image is just beautifully done and your composition of elements is fantastic! Love the punched circle and the papers are perfect!
Hugs, Danielle

Elaine L. said...

Beautiful easel card! Love that little girl. Thanks for playing along with us in Mo's challenge this week.

Sandra DeFalco said...

Love your new snowflake blog background. It's so delicate!

Penny Light/Light Whimsy said...

Fantabulous! That little girls is so pretty! I'm going to have to try one of these Easel cards.

Cathy said...

Pattie, this is an awesome creation. Love everything about it. Thanks for playing the Challenge :)

Cathy said...

Pattie, this is an awesome creation. Love everything about it. Thanks for playing the Challenge :)

Caryn said...

This is beautiful Pattie, that image is a stunner and you've coloured her beautifully.

Thanks for joining us at Mo's Digital Pencil.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Di said...

Fabulous card love these easel cards and the image is just beautifu;!!
Thanks for joining SFTW this week

Hugs Di xxxx

Rach said...

a wonderful card, love the image that you have used. hugs rachxx

The Wired Angel said...

Very impressive Pattie... love everything about it. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Mo's. It's nice to see you week after week and we appreciate you!! Hugs, Peggy

aardvarkpest said...

Great card. Lovely papers and image.

Glenda

Lisa said...

This is wonderful work! Your coloring is lovely! Thanks for joining us at Mo's Challenge this week!

Nancy said...

Your card is so beautiful, Pattie:O) Love the design, the punched circle is stunning, love the cute image, fab colouring. Gorgeous papers!
Thank you for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend, good luck!
Nancy;O)

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

An adorable card Pattie x
Thanks for joining in with Mo's challenge again this week :0)

Dawn B. said...

Your card is so pretty. I have yet to try one of these cards. Great job and thanks for joining MO's..

Gunn (Merete) said...

This is a beautiful card and I love everything about it.
Thanks for joining us at SFTW.
Gunn :-D